Tuesday, November 11, 2014

More on what is going on

First I want to give a big hug to all of you lovely people.  You have sent hugs, love, prayers, good wishes.  You have been fabulous at making me feeling loved and at feeling better.  Thank you.

I am going to give you all a little update on my exciting life.  My, my but I do have fun.  I seem to have a problem keeping my white blood cells at the right level, so I am getting an assist from technology.  Five days after my last round of chemo, I have gone in every day for 5 days to get a shot of Neupogen.(really only 4 so far, tomorrow is the 5th shot).  Monday they will do blood work to be sure it is working.  If all is well, then I can fight off infections and get on with the big fight against the cancer.

The next part is gross, so feel free to skip over it and say you don't need to know that much about my life.  Many things cause problems in life, and some are common problems that non cancer patients experience.  I am experiencing two opposites at the same time, constipation and diarrhea.  Didn't know one could do that.  It is awful, painful, and you don't trust your body's signals.  The pain is very much like giving birth.  The same condition from childbirth and the after effects of chemo is there to make life yucky,  hemorrhoids.  So today Marty bought me a present, a foam doughnut.  If you don't know what I am talking about, count yourself lucky.  At  least now I can sit without great pain.  Gross enough for you?

I did feel well enough to go to lunch with Marty today, I ate toast, one egg, and two pieces of bacon.  That is a huge meal for me.  Tonight Kirsten is bringing me an Italian Subway sandwich.  So a good day.

Again thanks for all the prayers and well wishes.  You folks make me happy and make me feel loved.

1 comment:

MamaMal said...

OY VEY! No, not fun at all. I am familiar with the donut...unfortunately! My mother, too, had difficulty keeping her white blood cells up, and she experienced some of the same problems as you are. I know this process is sometimes unbearable, but do what you can when you can. You're a strong lady, and I know you'll get through this!